Sunday, November 15, 2009

Photo Illustration-Emptiness.空

“It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.”
--- Tyler Durden, from "Fight Club."

Photobucket

Buddhism is about emptiness, and emptiness is about the ultimate freedom which is apart from the material world. Only if we lose both self and ego, we will reach the emptiness and then come back to the reality with a free soul. Our senses are hinder from what we see, we hear, we smell, and what we speak. So I put the Chinese character “閉," which means "close" on my face to isolate my senses from this "Samsara" and trying to feel the ultimate freedom.

Thanks to Krista and Huimin to help me out through this assignment. It was fun to experiment and learn!

ISO 200, F-Stop 9, Shutter Speed 200. Light sources: two soft boxes and a back light.

4 comments:

linlinavenue said...

太喜欢这个创意了Sihang,特别是你这句“Only if we lose both self and ego, we will reach the emptiness and then come back to the reality with a free soul.” 。

Lynn Chen

Andrea J. Rockafellow said...

Your light looks so clean. Very nice.

Layla Rose said...

I really like this, you look very beautiful! these are peaceful images to me. Good job.

Libby said...

sihang! this turned out lovely, i really like it.
it's so simple and elegant; I get such a feeling of clarity from it. very 'yoga!' :]